How to apply for your N26 Standard Card
N26 Standard Card: the free bank account for your everyday life
The N26 Standard is one of the popular accounts from N26 Bank. Unlike the other N26 accounts, it has no monthly charge and comes with a virtual Mastercard. But if you prefer to keep a physical card, the one-time delivery fee is only €10.
- N26 Standard account users get three free cash withdrawals from any NFC-enabled ATMs and can send or receive money from other N26 users for free.
- You can directly move your money from another bank account into your N26 standard account. You can make real-time free bank transfers with N26 Money Beam and send, receive, or request money instantly from other N26 users using just an email or phone number. Move funds into your N26 account from another bank with SEPA Instant Credit Transfers.
- You can earn 0.1% cashback every time you pay with your N26 Standard Business card. You do not need to take any steps; cashback will automatically deposit into your N26 Business Standard bank account every month.
You can have basic banking facilities with this free digital bank account. No paperwork is needed; you can open your N26 Standard account by sitting at home within just 10 minutes. However, some prerequisites must be met to open an account. Those are:
- Must be 18 years old;
- Be a resident of the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Poland, Spain, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Sweden;
- Having a smartphone;
- Don’t already have an existing N26 account;
- Have a supported ID document based on your nationality.
The N26 Standard Business provides some extra facilities to its users. The N26 Business Standard account is for those who are in the freelance profession or are self-employed. If you want to open an N26 Standard Business account, there are some changes in requirements. Those are:
- Enrolled in a freelance profession or self-employed;
- You can only use this account for business purposes.
If your submitted documents are not currently supported, it means you are not able to open an account at this time. N26 is always adding new documents to this list, so keep checking back to see if yours has been added. You are eligible to open an N26 Standard account only if you meet those criteria.
About the bank
The N26 is Europe’s first mobile bank and is located in Berlin. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal launched N26 in 2013. N26 is a fully digital bank that provides all its services through its movie app. N26 received a fresh $900 million in funding in 2021, which was the largest-ever financing round for a European digital bank. N26 became Germany’s highest-valued fintech after they got the funding. N26 offers four different products: N26 Standard, N26 Smart, N26 You, and N26 Metal. It also has investment options in crypto and some insurance.
Presently, N26 has 8+ million registered users in 24 countries, and the app has a 300,000+ 5-star rating. N26 has key locations across 10 countries and more than 1500 team members.
Who is this card for
This is a free account offered by N26 Bank. The N26 Standard account is a great fit for those who are beginners to digital banking and users who only need a simple digital bank account to send, receive, and manage money. Students or households that just want to have an account for daily transaction purposes can surely open this account. Check out other N26 cards (You, Smart, Metal).
Step by step to apply for the N26 Standard Card
- Email Verification: Confirm your email, personal details, and shipping address.
- Select Account Type: You need to select your account type. N26 offers personal and business accounts for its users.
- Pair Your Device: You will need to pair your smartphone when you create an N26 account for the first time. If you get a new device, you will need to make a pair again.
- Verify Identity: As a licensed bank, N26 is responsible for knowing its customers. N26 only accepts national IDs and passports. You can verify yourself by submitting a clear image using your selfie camera and a video where you are the only person. The requirement for supported ID documents varies based on nationalities.
- Apply for a Physical Card: If you want a physical card, you can apply in this step. After a few days of applying, you will receive your N26 Mastercard by post.
So, following those steps, you can open your N26 bank account. To verify, N26 supports English, German, Spanish, Italian, or French. IIf you get stuck somewhere, customer support is available from 7:00 to 23:00 every day, including Sundays and public holidays.
Positive and Negative sides of N26 Standard Card
By now, we know how much benefit the N26 Standard account will provide. But there are some drawbacks. So, in this part, let’s compare both
As discussed above, the benefits you will get from a N26 Standard card are:
- No monthly fee;
- A free virtual Mastercard debit card;
- All the banking facilities are free;
- Free ATM withdrawals in the Eurozone.
You can send, receive, and manage your money with the mobile app. But with all those benefits, there are some negative sides as well.
- No free withdrawal abroad;
- Transfers in foreign currencies aren’t possible;
- No Spaces sub-account is available.
Rates and fees
N26 Standard is a 100% free bank account that provides all banking facilities without any monthly charge. As a free account, N26 offers more benefits than one can expect.
Office: Kurfürstenstraße 72, 10787, Berlin, Germany. More Details
Phone: +44 2035 107126 or +49 303 6428 6881
Email: [email protected]
Web Support: https://support.n26.com/en-eu
This is a 100% digital bank. All the financial transactions of your everyday life can be done with the app. N26 app. The N26 gives you access to real-time notifications that are sent with every transaction or alerts sent when your account balance is low.
N26 started its journey in 2013, and within these 10 years, N26 has 8+ million registered users and 1500+ team members. Because of its up-to-the-mark services, it has become the best bank in the world, as voted by Forbes.