How long do Bananas last will entirely depend on it’s condition, unripe Bananas will last 5 – 7 days in a pantry, and a ripe banana will stay for around 2-3 days at average room temperature. Ensure to store the Bananas away from direct sunlight, and you can place them on a dish in a cool and dry place. If you leave ripe bananas at room temperature for more than a day or two, you will notice black spots on the skin (spots on greener bananas can be brown).
The Most common type of bananas and how long they last in room temperature and in a fridge.
All the data are given in days. It is not advisable to refrigerate unripe bananas since it will delay or sometimes stops the fruit from getting correctly ripe.
How Long do Frozen Bananas Last
Frozen (deep freezer) unripe bananas will last for more than 1 month. Still, as mentioned above, sometimes, when you freeze unripe bananas, they will not become fully ripe again. If you refrigerate ripe bananas, you can prolong the lifetime of the fruit to 4 -7 days. But keep in mind when you freeze/refrigerate ripe bananas, the fruit’s skin will turn black, but the flesh will remain yummy as a regular banana.
Are Bananas Good for You
Yes, they are; apart from being a tasty, delicious fruit, Bananas are rich in Potassium, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Fiber, Magnesium, and Protein. We have listed few key points about why Bananas are good for you.
- Bananas contain potent antioxidants.
- Bananas are good for your heart health due to their high fiber content.
- Bananas will improve your digestive system due to their rich fiber.
- Bananas are suitable for your kidneys due to their high potassium content.
- Bananas will help you to balance your blood sugar level due to high fiber content (Please note that certain banana types contain high sugar levels)
- Bananas might reduce the risk of Leukemia (Limited research data available)