The correct answer is 20 feet from a crosswalk; to the question when parking near a corner, you may park your vehicle no closer than: This question comes with the following answer options.
- 40 feet from a crosswalk
- 30 feet from a crosswalk
- 20 feet from a crosswalk
- 10 feet from a crosswalk
What is Parking
Parking is the act of stopping, disengaging, and leaving a vehicle unoccupied.
What are the Different Types of Parking?
• Valet Parking – This is where clients’ cars are parked for them. Some hotels, restaurants, and retailers provide this service.
• Meet and Greet Parking – Similar to valet parking, this service is usually available at airports and allows you to simply drop your car off in a dedicated car park near the terminal and hand over your keys to a fully licensed driver.
• Park and Ride Parking – These lots allow people driving to city centers to leave their cars and transfer to a bus or train system.
• Park and Fly Parking – Most airports have a safe parking zone for passengers flying, and the parking price per day is relatively low because the vehicle will be left there for a few days or weeks.
• Peer-to-Peer shared Parking – The concept is that if you are going to leave your parking space, you send a text message. This information is then sent to anyone looking for a park via their cell phones. The messaging will be done through a peer-to-peer application.
Rules of parking Near a Corner
Because parking restrictions differ from one route to the next and from one location to the next, always keep an eye out for and follow signs that say you may not stop or limit your stopping, standing, or parking. Your parked car must not obstruct traffic or provide a hazard to other road users.
If the crossing has stoplights, you must park at least 20 meters away. You should not park your car no closer than 20 feet from a crosswalk while parking near a corner.
Unless otherwise indicated by a sign, you must not park within 20 meters of a traffic light intersection. Keep your tires as close to the curb as feasible when parking on a curb.
The rules for parking near a corner range from one country to another, even from state to state. When parking near a corner, you may park your vehicle no closer than: by 20 feet from a crosswalk, which is the norm in several states around the United States.