The answer to the question, which section organizes, assigns, and supervises tactical response resources? Is Operations.
This question comes with multiple answer options – A. Operations B. Planning C. Logistics D. Finance/Administration
Major Activities of Operations Section
• Developing plans and methods to carry out the incident objectives
• Overseeing all tactical activities on behalf of the Incident Commander
• Assisting in creating the Incident Action Plan to ensure that it appropriately represents current operations.
• Organizing, allocating and overseeing tactical reaction resources
Operation Section Chief’s Job Role
The Operations Section Chief is the person who is in charge of all tactical operations at an incident. The necessary advice is provided by the Incident Action Plan (IAP). The requirement to increase the Operations Section is generally determined by the number of tactical resources involved, which is influenced by a span of control considerations.
Major Responsibilities of the Operations Section Chief
• Ensure tactical operations are safe.
• Coordinate tactical operations.
• Create the IAP’s operations section.
• Oversee the implementation of the IAP’s operations components.
• Request more resources to help with tactical operations.
• Approve resource release from active operational assignments.
• Make or authorize adjustments to the IAP that are expedient.
• Maintain close touch with the Incident Commander, subordinate Operations workers, and other stakeholders.
Operations section manages all the major tactical operations during an incident and operations chief heads that section. Operations section is one of the key sections in an Incident Action Plan. We hope that you got your answer clarified for the question of which section organizes, assigns, and supervises tactical response resources?